The stars gleam brightly
But I take no notice
The glimmering full moon winks
But I am lost and alone
Darkness fills me
Light does not penetrate
And all is lost
The fog overwhelms me
And I am alone
But a hand
Calloused but tender
Reaches out
And I grab it
I cling desperately
To this Saviour's touch
And the loneliness ebbs away
And hope seeps in
And then a light
From the rocky horizon
Begins to penetrate
This hardened shell
The light of the dawn
In its kaleidoscope of color
Brings warmth to my soul
And perspective to my mind
This yellow globe
Peaks shyly out
From among the fleeing shadows
Its rays heal
Its light opens my eyes
And I see
And I see!
My friend, this kind unselfish soul
Brings me back to realize
That I was never alone
Even when I could not feel that hand
For as I look to the ground
In wonder from my blindness and ignorance
I see the footprints
Of a worried and watchful friend
But not one footprint
Led away from me
For he never left me.
Written 2/9/09
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment