I see lights in the distance
I hear a rolling thunder
My city is laid bare to the enemy.
Ravines are dug
Walls are built
Great are my defenses
Yet a friend knocks on the gate
And I let him in with open arms
But from within will be the destruction
I fear the coming battle
Brought to these thick walls
I am ever vigilant at the lookout
I see my friend and I go to him
He hides his eyes
As he pulls a knife from his pocket
The struggle begins
As the war is brought within the walls
And my city is in danger of catastrophe
I am able to throw him from my city
But my trust now gone has ripped me of allies
For no one now passes the gates of my walled city.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment